Thursday, July 31, 2008

Networking and the Inchworm!


Networking has been on my mind a lot lately. I seem to never have enough time to network AND do my artwork. The more networking I do, the more it seems, I fall behind and find more things I have to do. What is the answer???
As I was leaving my house the other day, I looked down and saw an inchworm!
WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH NETWORKING YOU MIGHT ASK???
Well, it reminded me of this old saying:
Inch by Inch Life's a cinch
Yard by yard, it's really hard.
So, the new plan of action is to slow it down a bit. Do the networking as I can without making myself crazy. Allow myself an amount of time each day and then STOP.
Put the fun back into my artwork and not to concentrate soooo much on the selling of it.
Although, I really want and need to sell my work. Hopefully, it will all come, in time.
If you have been "bugged" by this same thing, just remember the INCHWORM!
Have a wonderful day!
Denise

7 comments:

  1. This is just the attitude I'm adopting now. I've made a promoting schedule that I'll follow five days a week that will leave me time to *gasp* make things too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, then we can encourage each other when we are fed up!
    How's that for a deal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous reminder Denise, thanks! I suffer from the exact same dilemma and am constantly trying to remind myself of my true priorities (at 2am as I'm finishing work). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grrreat post! It's so true too. Patience in all things. Easier said than done but practice makes perfect! (Wonder how many other sayings I could come up with?!?!) With gratitude, Laurie B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great attitude to have, and I really like that saying. I have a friend who could use that advice, too. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love when I learn a new and useful anecdote and this one is worth repeating. Thanks Denise ;)

    ReplyDelete